Gutters are an essential part of a complete working roofing system. If the gutters fail, then water will overflow or build up creating damage to walls, siding, foundation, and roofing materials. Water must be able to effectively flow through the gutter system, to the downspouts, and away from the home. When the gutter is not working properly, it is important to fix the problem before more damage occurs.
Gutters can fail for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons include age, rusted fasteners, pulling away from the roofing material due to excessive weight in the gutter, nests from animals creating an area of debris buildup, or the presence of twigs, leaves, and pine needles. It is a wise homeowner who will regularly inspect the gutter system for durability, ease of water flow, and strength.
Cost of Gutters
When the time comes for a new gutter system, how much will it cost? In the Waynesboro area, the average cost is $2,500 for a 20 square home. However, this cost will depend on the material used and the size of the home. The gutter experts at Happy Home Roofing will carefully measure the home and determine a price for new gutters. Place your trust in the professionals who know how important it is that your home’s exterior looks good and performs well.
Gutters We Install
At Happy Home Roofing, we lean toward two types of gutter systems. The seamless and the K-style have proven to be effective in the safe removal of water and in protecting your home. Let’s explore the benefits of each.
Seamless Gutter System:
- Custom Cuts – your home is precisely measured and the gutters are cut on-site. There is little room for error
- Reduced Debris Build-up – seamless gutters do not have joints where debris, leaves, and twigs can get cluttered. The gutters have a smooth surface for the excess water to flow freely to the downspouts
- Fewer Joints – as mentioned above, there are fewer joints in a seamless gutter. This allows for a crisp clean appearance which adds to the curb appeal of your home
- Less Leakage – minimal joints + less debris buildup equals less leakage of water
- Visually Appealing – a sleek and smooth appearance is a key factor to the seamless gutter system
- Color Match – a variety of colors can be chosen to match the siding of your home
K-Style Gutter System:
- No Leaks – this system also offers a seamless finish, making it less prone to leakage
- Large Capacity – massive rainstorms and excessive rain can easily be handled by this type of gutter
- Strong and Durable – k-style gutters are less likely to bend or protrude when impacted by force
- Ease of Installation – these are flat on one side, easy to install, and there is no need to worry about brackets
- Readily Available – they can come in aluminum, galvalume, and copper. Contractors are easily able to locate the material you desire
- Stylish – this system mimics crown molding, making it an elegant appearance and addition to the home
Regardless if you choose seamless or k-style, it is wise to consider gutter guards as an added protection against buildup and debris clutter. Gutter guards are made of mesh or thin screens installed over the gutters. Small particles can filter through the guards, but the potential for buildup is minimal. It is wise to inspect your gutters and guards yearly as a regular maintenance plan.
Place your trust in Happy Home Roofing in Waynesboro when it comes to your gutter system. With a variety of color options and materials to choose from, we assist you in finding the right fit for your home. We will evaluate your current system, identify any potential problem areas, and recommend the best solution. We desire to provide honest feedback and proper recommendations to assist with ideal water management and drainage. Get the protection you deserve before it’s too late.